- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, 1/2 cup white sugar and the salt. Cut in 1 cup of margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press firmly. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the crust is baking prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as you take it out of the oven. Bake for another 30 minutes in the oven, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars.