Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pecan Pie Bars

I have been meaning to do these for a while and last weekend I finally found some time to do them. I haven't been cooking anything worth mentioning lately, mainly due to staying at the office late and when I get home I don't feel like cooking anything fancy. I came across this recipe sometime in December and from the picture I thought they looked really good. After reading the reviews where everyone raved how good they were and being that I love pecans, I was convinced I had to try it and see for myself. Lets just say that I will definitely be making these again !

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup margarine
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cups pecans, chopped





Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
  2. In a large bowl stir together the flour, 1/2 cup white sugar and the salt. Cut in 1 cup of margarine until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the prepared pan, and press firmly. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
  3. While the crust is baking prepare the filling. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans.
  4. Spread the filling evenly over the crust as soon as you take it out of the oven. Bake for another 30 minutes in the oven, or until set. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into bars.
The original recipe was from http://www.allrecipes.com

No comments: