Sunday, January 18, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Wings

I love buffalo chicken wings at restaurants and this weekend I decided to make them myself. I must have looked at a hundred recipes before I chose the one I thought was good, there are so many different ways to make these ! I thought that next time I make these I will try one of the other recipes I saved to experiment a little, but I'm really pleased with how this turned out so I will probably end up using this recipe. The chicken wings I had were on the largish side but the quantities for the recipe were enough.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 10 chicken wings
  • oil for frying




Directions
  1. In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place the chicken wings in a large nonporous bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
  2. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
  3. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375˚F, the oil should be enough to cover the chicken wings entirely. Fry the coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of the wings turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in a bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together.
The original recipe was from http://www.allrecipes.com.

No comments: