Monday, December 22, 2008

Breaded Pork Chops

I found this recipe a while ago and it looked interesting so I saved it but then forgot about it. Yesterday I came across it again and happened to have some pork chops so I made this for dinner. I liked it and so did my friend, but I think next time I will leave out the milk so the bread crumbs will not come apart. The recipe called for Italian seasoned bread crumbs but I didn't have that so I used normal bread crumbs and seasoned them myself.

Ingredients
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried sage
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • salt & pepper


Directions

  1. In a beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl mix the bread crumbs, basil, marjoram, oregano, sage and Parmesan cheese.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Stir in the whole garlic cloves and cook until lightly browned then remove the garlic.
  3. Dip each pork chop into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place pork chops in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
  4. Place the pork chops in a preheated oven at 325˚F to an internal temperature of 160˚F, about 20 minutes.
The original recipe was from http://www.allrecipes.com.

No comments: