Saturday, December 13, 2008

Super Easy Pizza

The first time I made this recipe I was 14 years old and wanted to make pizza for a party. I had no idea how to make pizza dough so my mother gave me this easy recipe to follow. I made it all by myself and I was so proud that it turned out good. I am still using the same recipe whenever I feel like homemade pizza, it's the best ! Today I made it with pepperoni, parma ham, bell pepper, corn kernels, red onions, mozzarella and Hunt's pizza sauce, but obviously you can put anything you want on it.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 cup butter, diced
  • 1/2 cup milk
Directions
  1. In a bowl sift the four, baking soda and salt. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
  2. Make a hole in the center and pour the milk. Stir the mixture to make a fairly soft but not sticky dough, adding more milk if needed.
  3. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly, then roll out to make a round base.
  4. Spread with desired toppings and bake in a preheated oven of 400˚F for 15-20 minutes.

Some of my favorite pizza toppings:
  • Feta cheese, kalamata olives, sundried tomatoes and garlic.
  • Blue cheese, goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella and red onions.
  • Pepperoni, bell pepper, corn kernels, red onions and mozzarella.
  • Tuna, olives, capers, anchovies, red onions and mozzarella.
  • Mushrooms, spinach, boiled egg, parma ham and mozzarella.

No comments: