Saturday, December 20, 2008

Chewy Coconut Cookies

I suspect that I will be posting about cookie recipes more than anything else ! Today I tried these coconut cookies for the first time and I like them. I usually make coconut macaroons when I want to make something with coconut, I got that recipe from my grandma, we used to make them often when I a kid and I really like them, but this time I wanted to try something different with coconut. The only thing is that they turned out a little greasy, I am thinking I either had too much butter or maybe because I lightly greased the cooking sheet when it said to bake them on an ungreased cooking sheet. They're still good though ! I made 18 cookies with this recipe.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups coconut flakes
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips






Directions
  1. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, and then mix in the coconut and chocolate chips.
  3. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, place on an ungreased cooking sheet 1 inch apart and flatten the cookies slightly with your fingers.
  4. Bake cookies for about 10-15 minutes at 350˚F or until lightly toasted.
The original recipe was from http://www.allrecipes.com.

No comments: