Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yummy Nachos

This is a quick and easy nachos recipe which I made up. I don't always have all the ingredients so when I don't I improvise, you can put anything you like really, I don't think it's possible to mess this one up. Today I really felt like having nachos after work but I didn't have everything so I modified it a bit and used cranberry beans and tomato salsa instead if kidney beans and sour cream, I didn't have any jalapenos either. It still turned out good though. I have also used guacamole before instead of the sour cream, but in my opinion these are best when I follow my 'original' recipe.

Ingredients
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • 1 red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 dash hot pepper sauce
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • salt & pepper
  • 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers, sliced
  • 1 package tortilla chips

Directions
  1. Layer the chips on a lightly greased baking sheet.
  2. In a bowl mix together the kidney beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, olive oil, lime juice, cumin, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
  3. Spoon the mixture over the chips and top with the sour cream, Cheddar cheese and jalapenos
  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 350˚F for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts throughout.

No comments: