Monday, December 29, 2008

Seafood Risotto

I love seafood but for some reason I have always been scared to cook it myself. The other day I felt brave and got a package of assorted shellfish and seafood. I wasn't sure what to do with it and after looking around for recipes I decided on seafood risotto. There seems to be different ways to make seafood risotto but this seemed good, and it was ! I mostly followed the recipe but used brown rice instead of Arborio rice because I like it better.

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 cup red onions, chopped
  • 6 cups seafood stock
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 2 cups brown rice
  • 1 lb assorted shellfish and seafood
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
  • salt & pepper

Directions
  1. In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Saute until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and garlic, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes.
  2. Add the rice and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
  3. Clean the shellfish and seafood and season with salt and pepper, add to the rice and continue to cook for 6 minutes.
  4. Stir in the butter, cream, Parmesan cheese and green onions and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, spoon the risotto in a shallow bowl and garnish with parsley.
The original recipe was from http://www.foodnetwork.com.

No comments: