Friday, December 26, 2008

Chocolate Salami

Around Christmas time my mother always makes Chocolate Salami and this is probably my favorite from all the Christmas treats that she makes. This year I wanted to try it myself and I'm very pleased with the result ! It is exactly as my mom makes it so I'm really happy because I usually can't make things quite as good as hers. Usually Chocolate Salami is not covered in chocolate but only dusted with confectioner's sugar to resemble cured salami, I'm not sure where my mom got that from but since I like it I made it the same.

Ingredients
  • 10 lbs graham crackers, crushed
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 3.5 oz glazed cherries, chopped
  • 3.5 oz hazelnuts, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
  • 1 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 10 oz plain chocolate, melted
  • 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar




Directions

  1. In a large bowl mix together the graham crackers, cocoa powder, cherries, hazelnuts, vanilla extract, Grand Marnier and condensed milk. Stir well until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
  2. Pour the mixture on a sheet of wax paper and roll to a salami shape. Once completely rolled twist the ends of the wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
  3. Coat the salami with chocolate and dust it with confectioner's sugar.

No comments: